Google Meet Video meeting | Free for everyone
Video conferencing tool Google meet became completely free and accessible to everyone initially many of the features were only available for G suite users however now everyone has access to this powerful and user-friendly video conferencing tool directly from your free gmail account.
Now you can join and host a meeting with Google Meet directly from your free Gmail account. This is exciting news for everyone from individuals, small businesses to large corporates.
Google also laid out a number of default privacy protections in place with Meet, including host controls like
- Ability to admit or deny entry to a meeting
- Mute or remove participants
- Complex meeting codes and encryption in transit.
This seems to be taking aim at Zoom, which has recently faced a number of security issues, including uninvited guests meetings.
► Features of Google Meet:
- Do not need to download any software.
- Directly accessible from Gmail.
- Do not need a Google Account to use Google Meet.
- Provides real-time captions.
- Supports up to 100 participants for a duration of 24hours.
- Supports up to 100,000 live stream viewers.
- Schedule meetings using Google Chat or Google Calendar.
- Screen sharing capabilities.
- High-level security.
How to use Free Google Meet
To sign up for the free version of Google Meet, go to the Google Meet page.
Enter your name, email, country and primary use for Google Meet
- Education or government.
Agree to Google’s terms of service, and Submit.
Once you sign up, here’s how to use the free version of Google Meet:
2. Click Start new meeting, or enter your meeting code.
3. Choose the Google account you want to use.
4. Click Join meeting. You’ll have the ability to add others to your meeting, too.